Number of Participants
Participants will be placed in small groups for the entire week. Each group will have a US faculty leader - the faculty to student ratio is 1:5. Your faculty leader will provide oversight to your learning experience and will be your full time mentor over the 5 days of the course. The four faculty members are experienced educators and dentists. Faculty Bios
That participants’ enhanced understanding of the US culture, healthcare system and the US dental profession will strengthen their application for International Dentist programs and better inform them of alternative pathways to licensure across the United States.
- Participants will develop a high caliber CV and personal statement under mentorship of a US faculty member
- Participants will receive feedback and an improvement plan after engaging in various communication exercises including Mock Admissions Interviews, Mock Patient interviewing and public speaking exercises
- Participants will be able to describe US standards of Evidence-based Dentistry and receive guidance and feedback in how to critically appraising research papers
The cost of the course is $3,100 (US) for each participant and this is non-refundable so please make sure that dates are convenient and the course is a good fit for your needs.
This cost includes breakfast everyday, a coffee/cookie breaks everyday, lunch on 3 of the 5 days. This cost does not include accommodation, travel, meals not mentioned above or any visa fees. Please note that you must be able to be in the United States legally and the University of Michigan cannot assist in this matter.
Please note – There is absolutely NO guarantee of entry into any International Dentist program. There is absolutely NO guarantee of even receiving an interview to any program. However, 20 hours of American Dental Association certified Continuing Education credit through the University of Michigan School of Dentistry's Office of Continuing Education is available.
Items Needed by Participants
On every day of the course you will need a Laptop computer. All participants must have successfully completed National Board Dental Examination Part 1 (NBDE 1), submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and the statement of purpose or personal statement. Please note, it is preferred that you have also completed NBDE Part 2 also.
How Did We Build this Course?
We surveyed 93 graduates or current students in international dental programs across the United States and asked them what they thought might have helped them when they were applying. Then we chose 16 current international students to participate in focus groups to collect more detailed information. Using all this data we built our curriculum which has three segments:
1. to strengthen your application
2. to improve your interview performance
3. to help you get a head start when you begin in an International Dentist program
Hotel Name -> Transport -> Approximate cost per night
And many more options...CLICK HERE